Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Very Pretty Preserve



I'm backtracking a little bit with this post, back to April 18th, when I did some volunteer photography for an event hosted by Natural Lands Trust. Held at the Hildacy Preserve, the event was in appreciation of members who have been supporting the nature organization's efforts for a number of years. The preserve is just off of Providence Road / Route 252 in Media, PA after you drive the stretch of road over the Springton Reservoir heading north.


This was my first visit to the Hildacy Preserve and while there, I saw many things that added beauty
to the picturesque location. Below are just a few of the photos I took as I explored the grounds of the preserve.


Many trees at Hildacy had ivy vines climbing up their trunks. Also, the little stone bench was a really nice part of the scene here. It reminds me of a garden piece you might see at an old literary site in England. Of course, some British writers were inspired by nature's beauty, which is another reason little details like this make me think of English literary sites.



I took this photo from inside the nature-oriented office building on the grounds when I noticed the leaf-shaped wood cut-outs.


Ivy also climbed the side of the big red and white barn at Hildacy.



I'm looking forward to any chances I'll have to visit other Natural Lands Trust preserve areas in the
future. The Natural Lands Trust field guide of preserve areas includes photos showing very beautiful, scenic places...great for local eco-outings.


No comments:

Post a Comment