Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winter's Wrath



The winter weather was one reason for the lack in photo outings in recent days...two heavy blasts of snowfall in a row. And I remember thinking, after this past December's snowfall, "I hope that's the most we get this Winter season." So, I'm obviously not big on snow. It makes for pretty scenery in certain settings, but other than that, I'm just not a Winter weather person. I guess that's because I want to get out there, get around easily and comfortably, and go on road trips.


I did manage to take a great number of photos to document the snowfall...sometimes photos were taken looking out the front window or from just inside the back room. Then I took more photos once a path was cleared in the yard, and still more once I could go places. Not roadtrips, but just in getting rides to campus and back, since my car wasn't able to get back on the road again until Feb. 21st. Anyway, a bunch of my blizzard photos are in a slideshow on my Youtube channel...here are a few of them.



These next two were taken on campus...one was just to compare the snow pile heights to the vehicles, and the other, huge icicles at the old mansion.



I think the icicles on the mansion looked pretty in a way...almost like an enchanted Wintry scene in a movie.


Well, with all the Winter weather, I'm ready for Summer and taking photos of things that express that time of year. Watching the Olympics this year as made me think of sports photography. What I'd really like to do is go the one of the NJ shore points and take photos of people surfing. I don't have any sports photography, but I think surfing would be a nice start to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment