Monday, December 28, 2009

The Big Snow '09





We ended up with over 20 inches of snow in the Philadelphia area by the time the snow stopped falling on Dec. 20th. That was more than the total amount from snow storms in the early months of 2009.


Below, a few before / during and after shots I took:




This wooden planter is probably just over 12 inches tall, and you can see just how much even that was covered by snow.


Another thing resulting from the heavy snow was that my internet connection was down for all but a few minutes of the Dec. 19-20 weekend. It has connection problems on and off even on good weather days, but it was worse than usual during the snow storm.


Now, in the last days of 2009, more snow is heading our way from the Mid-west according to the Weather Channel forecasts. I hope there won't be as much, although snow is being forecast for 4 days out of the coming week. My biggest concern is the commute to and from my college campus beginning on Jan. 12th, as well as the parking conditions complicated by any snow accumulation.


So, I'll be staying tuned into the latest and if I'm not back on here before then, hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years!


No comments:

Post a Comment